Do you know the functions of Gram Panchayat? Near to our Everest Campus, there is a village called “Thadem”. To know the functions of Gram Panchayat of Thadem, our school students of class 6 were taken on a field trip to Thadem.
There, students have asked a few questions related to Panchayat Raj and they have come to know about the functions of Panchayat like:
- How do people elect their representatives?
- How many wards are there in a village?
- Every year how many times do they conduct Sabha?
- What is the population of the village?
- What is the basic eligibility to become a Sarpanch?
These all questions were asked to the representatives of the village Gram Panchayat. By this field trip, the students of class 6 came to know much about Panchayat and its functions.
Students were very happy about the field trip. This field trip was about 45 minutes. In this 45-minute period, they spoke to the representatives and had a clear idea about panchayat.
For more photos, please visit: https://bit.ly/2CIXBED
Reported By Shruthi Sanjana