Hope you are taking all the precautions to safeguard your health against the COVID second wave. We wish you and your family stay safe amid this pandemic.
As our academic year draws to a close we have much to celebrate and many happy memories. The year 2020-21 wasn’t a regular one as we had tough and challenging times to make sure your child’s learning continued. Nonetheless, our students have enjoyed another thrilling year at Presidency amid the pandemic. They have excelled in so many fields it is impossible to list them all. As a school, we had 24 virtual field trips and guest lecture sessions by prominent personalities to share their expertise and experience in the field of study, nearly 50 parent-involved activities have been conducted which includes: Circle time/Tutor time, Parent Workshops and Parent-Teacher Meets and 1,137 students were given the student of week certificates and we are so proud of this specific achievement that so many students are recognized for their progress and improvement.
I would like to emphasize the three major aspects of Presidency’s online school success:
- Self Discipline through Daily Routine
- Live Classes
- Assessments and Revision tests
- Homework and Assignments
- Daily Schedule
- Personal attention to each child
- Interactive live classes with admin teachers
- Corrections and Feedback on student work in Google Classroom
- One-on-One phone calls to provide feedback, motivate and Counsel students
- Innovative events and activities: We could move all our events and activities online and that helped our students to channelise their energies in the right direction.
- Presidency Got Talent
- After school activities
- Virtual Field trips and Guest lectures
We are very happy to announce the successful implementation of some of our programs we have initiated this year.
#1 Presidency Got Talent: A platform where our students showcased their unique talents, nearly 500 students participated in this contest and 3 of them emerged as winners in the Grand Finale. The program was a big success and all the credit goes to our students who worked hard to showcase their talents.
#2 Afterschool activities: It’s a new experience conducting after school activities online. We tried to involve our students in multiple activities like Dance, Music, Karate, Coding and Foundation to keep them engaged during the pandemic.
#3 Self Evaluations and Monthly Feedback Calls were done to support and help parents to understand where the child is good and where he/she needs to work further. We received a lot of appreciation from the parents for this initiative.
Over the summer vacation, I will be working with my colleagues to ensure a smooth opening to the new academic year and have new exciting activities that will provide a treasure of adventure and learning at the school. As our school’s motto goes, we always try to innovate and ignite the joy of learning in our students.
We are sending a list of suggested activities that you could do with your child during the summer attached to this letter. It has been my pleasure getting to know your child this school year. Having your parental support was an essential part of it and I would like to personally thank the families of our students who have taken the time to help in the school activities throughout the year.
Please note some important dates and information that will be useful to ensure your child is all set for a new academic year.
- We know that your children are eagerly waiting for the Final Self Evaluation scheduled on 07.05.21. However, due to some unprecedented circumstances, we are unable to conduct it as planned. Further information regarding the same will be communicated soon.
- Please confirm your willingness for the next academic year by 9th May evening so that we can reserve the seat for your child. Willingness form: https://forms.gle/7A2ZGbNmee2bwXjAA
- Books and Stationery: All the school supplies will be delivered home. We shall send you the necessary information tentatively in the second week of May.
- Reopening day: We are going to reopen next academic year through online mode for Class 1 to 10 from June 15 (tentatively).
- Promotion Policy and Seat Reservation will be done on a case-to-case basis through the Admission Renewal Process.
I would like to wish you all the very best for the summer vacation and look forward to welcoming you all back, refreshed, for what will be an exciting, new academic year. Stay Home. Stay Safe. Keep Learning!
R. Pavan Kumar,
Principal, Presidency High School
Tips to do this summer: Here are some very important things that you can do this summer to help them succeed.
- Make sure that they are reading each night for at least 15 minutes.
- Practice their Math facts so that they will be ready for next year.
- Encourage your child to write often. If your child visits his/her grandparents’ home, then encourage your child to take a journal with them and write a little bit about their time spent each day. This is a great way for a child to get their thoughts organized onto paper.
- Encourage good social skills and help them make good choices.
All of these things will help your child lead to big successes in the next school year.